Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- General Surgeon
- Rochester, Minnesota
Areas of focus:
Adrenalectomy, Bariatric surgery, Gastric bypass surgery, Laparoscopic surgery, Minimally invasive surgery, Parathyroidectomy, Sleeve gastrectomy, Thyroidectomy, Adrenal cancer, Cushing's syndrome, Goiter, Graves' disease, Hyperparathyroidism, Insulinoma, MEN 1, MEN 2B, Neuroendocrine carcinoma, Obesity, Pheochromocytoma, Primary aldosteronism, Thyroid cancer, Thyroid nodules, Type 2 diabetes
see full list in profile
Mayo Clinic researchers are investigating advanced and minimally invasive treatment options for weight-loss surgery.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on sleeve gastrectomy surgery on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Sleeve gastrectomy care at Mayo Clinic
Jan. 11, 2018
- Lim RB. Bariatric procedures for the management of severe obesity: Descriptions. http://wwwuptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Bariatric surgery procedures. American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. https://asmbs.org/patients/bariatric-surgery-procedures. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Jameson JL, et al., eds. Bariatric surgery. In: Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Weight management (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Bariatric surgery. National Institute on Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/weight-control/bariatric-surgery/pages/overview.aspx. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Lim RB. Bariatric operations: Perioperative morbidity and mortality. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Bariatric surgery for weight loss. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Khatri VP. Laparoscopic sleeve resection with duodenal switch. In: Atlas of Advanced Operative Surgery. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Cameron JL. Laparoscopic surgery for morbid obesity. In: Current Surgical Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 26, 2017.
- McKenzie TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 10, 2017.