Mayo Clinic's approach
- Dedicated program. Mayo Clinic's Section of Integrative Medicine and Health offers resilience education and training to help you develop positive strategies to manage stress and foster resilience in your life. The program offers individual and group sessions in the Stress Management and Resiliency Training program.
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. Mayo Clinic integrative medicine doctors take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your needs and then teach you the most appropriate resilience skills and strategies. Sessions are sometimes followed by DVD-based instruction in paced-breathing meditation.
- Integrated care. At Mayo Clinic, resilience education and training are integrated with other medical care to achieve well-being of the mind, body and spirit.
Expertise and rankings
- Research. Mayo Clinic researchers conduct clinical studies to learn which integrative treatments are effective. You may have the opportunity to participate in these trials.
- Innovative approach. Resilience training programs vary significantly, and some require a significant time commitment. Mayo Clinic's integrative medicine specialists provide effective resilience education and training in one or two 90- to 120-minute sessions. Most people who have participated in Mayo's resilience training say they experienced significant and positive changes in their well-being and outlook on life.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked as one of the top psychiatry hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.