Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Prostatectomy, Radiofrequency ablation for cancer, Robotic surgery, Nephrectomy, Cryotherapy
Mayo Clinic radiologists are studying ways to improve and expand the use of radiofrequency ablation for cancer. Learn more about radiology research.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center receives funding from the NCI and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on radiofrequency ablation for cancer on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Florida
Radiofrequency ablation for cancer care at Mayo Clinic
Feb. 08, 2018
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Principles of preoperative and operative surgery. In: Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 14, 2017.
- Moynihan TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 20, 2017.
- Depuy DE. Image-guided ablation of lung tumors. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 17, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Nonsurgical focal therapy for renal tumors. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 14, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Liver metastases. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 14, 2017.
- Bergman JJ. Barrett's esophagus: Treatment with radiofrequency ablation. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 17, 2017.
- Menash ET, et al. Radiofrequency ablation for biliary malignancies. Current Opinion in Gastroenterology. 2016;32:238.
- Thompson SM, et al. Image-guided thermal ablative therapies in the treatment of sarcoma. Current Treatment Options in Oncology. 2017;18:25.
Radiofrequency ablation for cancer