Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Cardiac Electrophysiologist
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Atrial flutter ablation, Cardiac ablation, Cardiac resynchronization device insertion, Cardiac resynchronization therapy, Cardioversion, Endovenous thermal ablation, EP study, Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) insertion, Implantable loop recorder insertion, Pacemaker insertion, Pulmonary vein isolation, SVT ablation, Ventricular tachycardia ablation, Atrial fibrillation, Atrial flutter, Atrial tachycardia, Bradycardia, Heart arrhythmias, Heart palpitations, Infection, Premature ventricular contractions, Sudden cardiac arrest, Supraventricular tachycardia, Syncope, Ventricular fibrillation, Ventricular tachycardia, Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
see full list in profile
Doctors and surgeons trained in heart rhythm disorders are working to improve care for people living with arrhythmias.
Areas of investigation include:
- Leading a multicenter, multinational trial to compare drug therapy with cardiac ablation for people with arrhythmia
- Designing innovative catheters to deliver ablation, including a state-of-the-art, third-generation cryoablation balloon
- Understanding the genetics of heart arrhythmias
- Improving technology and techniques used to diagnose arrhythmias and prevent stroke
Learn more about heart rhythm disease research and cardiovascular research at Mayo Clinic.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Pulmonary vein isolation care at Mayo Clinic
March 27, 2018
- Huang SKS, et al., eds. Pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation. In: Catheter Ablation of Cardiac Arrhythmias. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Atrial fibrillation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Passman R. Catheter ablation to prevent recurrent atrial fibrillation: Clinical applications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 11, 2016.
- Zipes DP, et al., eds. Ablation for atrial fibrillation. In: Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Catheter ablation. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ablation. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 6, 2016.
- Schwanke BR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 16, 2016.