Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Mayo Clinic researchers are investigating advanced and minimally invasive treatment options for weight-loss surgery and procedures.
See a list of publications by Mayo physicians on weight-loss surgeries on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
- Barham K. Abu Dayyeh, M.D.
- Steven Bowers, M.D.
- Maria L. Collazo-Clavell, M.D.
- Christopher J. Gostout, M.D.
- Karen Grothe, Ph.D., L.P.
- Michael D. Jensen, M.D.
- Seema Kumar, M.D.
- Travis J. McKenzie, M.D.
- Florencia G. Que, M.D.
- C. Daniel Smith, M.D.
- Adrian Vella, M.D.
- Timothy A. Woodward, M.D.
Intragastric balloon care at Mayo Clinic
Jan. 13, 2018
- Abu Dayyeh BK, et al. ASGE Bariatric Endoscopy Task Force systematic review and meta-analysis assessing the ASGE PIVI thresholds for adopting endoscopic bariatric therapies. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2015;82:425.
- Abu Dayyeh BK, et al. Status evaluation report — Endoscopic bariatric therapies. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2015;81:5.
- Ponce J, et al. The REDUCE pivotal trial: A prospective, randomized controlled pivotal trial of a dual intragastric balloon for the treatment of obesity. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. In press. 2015. Accessed July 3, 2015.
- Bariatric surgery for severe obesity. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/weight-control/bariatric-surgery-severe-obesity/Pages/bariatric-surgery-for-severe-obesity.aspx. Accessed July 5, 2015.
- Riggins EA. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 5, 2015.
- American College of Surgeons. https://www.facs.org/search/bariatric-surgery-centers?page=1&n=25&name=mayo. Accessed July 5, 2015.
- Medicare-approved facilities/trials/registries — Bariatric surgery. CMS.gov. http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-General-Information/MedicareApprovedFacilitie/Bariatric-Surgery.html. Accessed July 5, 2015.
- Abu Dayyeh BK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 6, 2015.
- Abu Dayyeh BK, et al. Abstract 444. Abstract presented at: Digestive Disease Week; May 16-19, 2015; Washington, D.C. Accessed Aug. 6, 2015.