Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
May 11, 2022
- Chung KC, et al. Upper extremity amputation. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed March 8, 2022.
- Lucio MJ, et al. Hand transplantation — Risks and benefits. Journal of Hand and Microsurgery. 2020; doi:10.1055/s-0040-1715427.
- Geoghegan L, et al. Pre-transplant management and sensitization in vascularized composite allotransplantation: A systematic review. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. 2020; doi:10.1016/j.bjps.2020.05.010.
- Hyuk Park S, et al. Hand transplantation: Current status and immunologic obstacles. Experimental and Clinical Transplantation. 2019; doi:10.6002/ect.2018.0163.
- Wilks DJ, et al. The histocompatibility and immunogenetics of hand transplantation. International Journal of Immunogenetics. 2020; doi:10.1111/iji.12469.
- Reece E, et al. Hand transplantation: The benefits, risks, outcomes and future. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 2019; doi:10.14503/THIJ-18-6739.
- Skirven TM, et al., eds. Hand and upper extremity transplantation: Surgical and therapy management. In: Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity. 7th ed. Elsevier; 2021. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 8, 2022.
- Cifu DX, et al., eds. Rehabilitation and prosthetic restoration in upper limb amputation. In: Braddom's Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 6th ed. Elsevier; 2021. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 8, 2022.
- Wells MW, et al. Two decades of hand transplantation: A systematic review of outcomes. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2022; doi:10.1097/SAP.0000000000003056.
Products & Services