Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
CPET, Cardiac rehabilitation, Cardiovascular disease prevention, Exercise stress test, Metabolic syndrome, Heart disease
Mayo Clinic researchers study cardiac rehabilitation for people who have certain types of heart disease or who have had heart surgery. Research includes innovative ways of using digital and virtual technology in cardiac rehabilitation. Learn more about cardiovascular research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on cardiac rehabilitation on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Cardiac rehabilitation care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 09, 2017
- Cardiac rehabilitation. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/rehab#. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- What is cardiac rehab? American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/CardiacRehab/What-is-Cardiac-Rehabilitation_UCM_307049_Article.jsp. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Braun LT, et al. Cardiac rehabilitation programs. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Wenger NK, et al. Cardiac rehabilitation: Indications, efficacy, and safety in patients with coronary heart disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Anderson L, et al. Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation for coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001800.pub3/abstract. Accessed Feb. 20, 2017.
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Exercise-based, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 20, 2017.
- Digital health tool helps cardiac rehab patients shed more pounds. American College of Cardiology. http://www.acc.org/about-acc/press-releases/2016/03/24/12/48/digital-health-tool-helps-cardiac-rehab-patients-shed-more-pounds?w_nav=S. Accessed Feb. 17, 2017.
- Brewer LC, et al. The use of virtual world-based cardiac rehabilitation to encourage healthy lifestyle choices among cardiac patients: Intervention development and pilot study protocol. JMIR Research Protocols. 2015;4:e39.
- Lopez-Jimenez F (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 1, 2017.
Products & Services