Mayo Clinic's approach
- Experience. Improperly placed botulinum toxin injections can cause serious complications, so it helps to choose doctors with experience. Mayo Clinic doctors perform more than 4,000 Botox injections each year.
- Time for you. Your Mayo Clinic specialist will take time to discuss options and answer your questions about Botox injections.
- Efficient care. At Mayo Clinic your appointments are coordinated, so you usually can complete your treatment in one to three days, depending on your situation.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Estimate your cost using Mayo Clinic's online estimator tool
Explore Mayo Clinic studies testing new treatments, interventions and tests as a means to prevent, detect, treat or manage this disease.
Feb. 13, 2019
- Carruthers J, et al. Overview of botulinum toxin for cosmetic injections. http://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Dec. 26, 2018.
- Botox (prescribing information). Madison, N.J.: Allergan Inc; 2018. https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=33d066a9-34ff-4a1a-b38b-d10983df3300. Accessed Jan. 31, 2019.
- AskMayoExpert. Cerebral palsy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018.
- Avram MR, et al., eds. Injectables. In: Procedural Dermatology. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015.
- Lukacz ES. Treatment of urinary incontinence/overactive bladder in women. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Dec. 26, 2018.
- AskMayoExpert. Periocular spasm. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 20, 2018.
- Wilkes J. AAN updates guidelines on the uses of botulinum neurotoxin. Neurology. 2016;86:1818.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 16, 2019.
News from Mayo Clinic
Products & Services