Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Awake brain surgery, Brain stereotactic radiosurgery, Brain tumor surgery, Computer assisted brain surgery, Craniotomy, Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging, Astrocytoma, Brain metastasis, Brain tumor, Ependymoma, Glioblastoma, Hemangioblastoma, Medulloblastoma, Meningioma, Oligodendroglioma, Pineal tumor
see full list in profile
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on awake brain surgery on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Awake brain surgery care at Mayo Clinic
May 07, 2019
- Adult brain tumors treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adultbrain/Patient. Accessed Aug. 8, 2016.
- Brain tumor surgery. American Brain Tumors Association. http://www.abta.org/brain-tumor-treatment/treatments/surgery.html. Accessed Aug. 8, 2016.
- Brydges G, et al. Awake craniotomy: A practice overview. American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. 2012;80:61.
- Brain mapping. Epilepsy Foundation. http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/surgery/pre-surgery-tests/brain-mapping. Accessed Aug. 11, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Surgical treatment for seizures. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2004.
- Surgery for adult brain and spinal cord tumors. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/braincnstumorsinadults/detailedguide/brain-and-spinal-cord-tumors-in-adults-treating-surgery. Accessed Aug. 8, 2016.
- Parney IF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 22, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Patient education about your craniotomy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2005.
- Riggin, EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 26, 2016.