A high hemoglobin count is usually found from tests your doctor has ordered to diagnose another condition. Your doctor is likely to order other tests to help determine the cause of your high hemoglobin count.
Dec. 02, 2020
- Hemoglobin. Lab Tests Online. https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hemoglobin/tab/test/. Accessed Dec. 30, 2018.
- Blood basics. American Society of Hematology. http://www.hematology.org/Patients/Basics/. Accessed Dec. 30, 2018.
- Blood tests. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/blood-tests. Accessed Dec. 30, 2018.
- Understanding blood counts. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. https://www.lls.org/managing-your-cancer/lab-and-imaging-tests/understanding-blood-counts. Accessed Dec. 30, 2018.
- Tefferi A. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of polycythemia vera. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Dec. 30, 2018.
- Tefferi A. Diagnostic approach to the patient with polycythemia. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Jan. 3, 2019.