Stress may be a part of life, but these simple stress management strategies can help you stay in control.
Problem-solving is a potent tool for beating stress. Here's how to put it to work for you.
Stress is your body's response to the demands of the world. Identifying your personal triggers is the key to effectively managing your stress.
Cultivating your spirituality can help you establish your priorities, focus on what matters most to you and reduce your level of stress.
See how constant stress wreaks havoc on your body and mind, and what you can do about it.
When you identify unhealthy ways of reacting to stress, you can begin to control the stress, rather than letting it control you.
Is the key to stress relief as simple as bringing more laughter into your life? Discover the surprising benefits of honing your sense of humor.
Stress getting to you? Try these tips to find relief.
Aches and pains, irritability, and crying spells may have an unexpected source — stress. Recognize these and other signs and symptoms so that you can take action.
March 31, 2017
- How stress affects your health. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stress.aspx. Accessed Dec. 16, 2016.
- Manage stress. Healthfinder.gov. https://healthfinder.gov/HealthTopics/Category/health-conditions-and-diseases/heart-health/manage-stress. Accessed Dec. 16, 2016.
- What is stress management? American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/StressManagement/FightStressWithHealthyHabits/What-Is-Stress-Management_UCM_321076_Article.jsp#. Accessed Dec. 16, 2016.
- Managing stress. National Alliance on Mental Health. http://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Living-with-a-Mental-Health-Condition/Managing-Stress. Accessed Dec. 16, 2016.
- Stress. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/stress. Accessed Dec. 16, 2016.
- Rose RD, et al. A randomized controlled trial of a self-guided, multimedia, stress management and resilience training program. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2013;51:106.