Voice disorders care at Mayo Clinic
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. The treatment team for voice disorders at Mayo Clinic is usually led by an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor experienced in voice problems. He or she consults as needed with other specialists to develop a treatment plan that's right for you.
- Comprehensive care. Your treatment team may also include speech-language pathologists who specialize in evaluating and treating voice disorders. If you need help quitting smoking, the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center offers programs to help you kick the smoking habit.
- Advanced diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clinic uses the latest technology to accurately diagnose and treat voice disorders, including potassium titanyl phosphate (KTP) laser treatment done while you're awake. KTP laser treatment can allow the removal of vocal cord lesions while preserving the maximum amount of underlying tissue.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic specialists have experience caring for people with all types of voice disorders.
Expertise and rankings
- Exactly the care you need. Mayo Clinic specialists care for more than 12,000 people each year with voice disorders. They have particular expertise in the microscopic removal of lesions on the vocal cords and in treating vocal cord paralysis.
- Latest technology. Mayo Clinic uses cutting-edge technology to accurately diagnose and treat voice disorders, including potassium titanyl phosphate (KTP) laser treatment done while you're awake. KTP laser treatment can allow the removal of vocal cord lesions while preserving the maximum amount of underlying tissue.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for ear, nose and throat by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Oct. 02, 2020