Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are dedicated to developing new treatment options for people with tongue cancer. Learn more about head and neck surgery research.
Areas of investigation include:
- Improving and adapting existing robotic surgery systems for use on tumors of the tongue
- Investigating tumor growth factors for oral cancer
- Evaluating new methods of use for chemotherapy
- Evaluating new radiation therapy regimens
- Investigating the relationship between HPV and head and neck cancers
- Researching potential gene therapies
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications on tongue cancer by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Tongue cancer care at Mayo Clinic
April 25, 2018
News, connections and conversations for your health