Tachycardia care at Mayo Clinic
Tachycardia teamwork at Mayo Clinic
At Mayo Clinic, an interdisciplinary team of tachycardia experts works together to provide compassionate, whole-person care.
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. At Mayo Clinic, an integrated team of doctors trained in heart diseases, heart rhythm disorders and heart surgery (cardiologists, electrophysiologists, and cardiac and cardiovascular surgeons) works together to provide your care. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota each offer a Heart Rhythm Clinic staffed by cardiologists trained in evaluating and treating heart rhythm disorders.
- Advanced diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clinic has one of the largest cardiac ablation practices. Our specialists use advanced mapping systems, including multielectrode mapping and 3D heart mapping to treat tachycardia and other heart rhythm disorders.
- Innovative research. Mayo Clinic researchers have developed several innovations in tachycardia care and are actively engaged in studying ways to improve tachycardia outcomes. You may be eligible to participate in a clinical trial as part of your care at Mayo Clinic.
Expertise and rankings
Tachycardia treatment at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery.
Mayo Clinic's cardiovascular surgery and cardiovascular medicine departments are consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Mayo Clinic cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating tachycardia. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors treat about 20,000 people with tachycardia.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery: Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S.News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality cardiology and heart surgery subspecialty care, research, and education by a variety of national organizations:
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography. Mayo Clinic has been accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography in the areas of adult transthoracic, adult transesophageal and adult stress echocardiography. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has also been accredited in pediatric transthoracic, pediatric transesophageal and fetal echocardiography.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in cardiac catheterization.
- Healthcare Colloquium. The Mayo Clinic Children's Center at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been certified by the Battelle Healthcare Colloquium as an Accredited Pediatric Heart Failure Institute.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiovascular surgery and cardiovascular medicine departments' expertise and rankings.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.