Overactive bladder care at Mayo Clinic
Your Mayo Clinic care team
Mayo Clinic has doctors who specialize in overactive bladder; they have extra training in bladder and urinary function and, in many cases, see only people with overactive bladder. As a result, they have extensive expertise in treating overactive bladder, including fixing failed treatments done elsewhere. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for nearly 900 people with overactive bladder.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo physicians are leaders in clinical research that enhances the capability to offer the most advanced diagnosis and treatment available.
Specialty services offered through urology and urogynecology include:
- Urodynamic evaluation
- Stress urinary incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Minimally invasive injection therapies
- Management of mesh complications
- Urge urinary incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment
- Botox injections of the urinary tract
- Neuromodulation for the urinary tract
- Pelvic organ prolapse with or without incontinence diagnosis and treatment
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic's experts in overactive bladder treat nearly 900 people with the condition each year.
- Teamwork. Because of their experience and Mayo Clinic's system, Mayo Clinic specialists are able to quickly and efficiently diagnose your problem and offer treatment. It's not uncommon to have an evaluation one day and corrective surgery the next, if that's what you want. If other medical problems are identified in an evaluation, an appointment can be quickly arranged with another doctor who specializes in that condition.
- The latest research. As a research institution, Mayo Clinic doctors are continually studying how to improve the diagnosis and treatment of overactive bladder. You benefit from those treated previously, and your treatment contributes to new knowledge for the future.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.