Narcolepsy care at Mayo Clinic
- Narcolepsy is complex and care for it is constantly evolving. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in sleep medicine have years of experience in diagnosing and treating narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. Each Mayo Clinic location offers a sleep disorders center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, staffed by specialists trained in treating sleep disorders.
- The best care for narcolepsy requires an expert team. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in sleep medicine, as well as doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurology), mental health conditions (psychiatry), lung and breathing conditions (pulmonary medicine), children's health (pediatrics), and other areas, work together to determine the most appropriate treatment to help you manage your condition.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors and clinicians have performed considerable research and clinical trials in the areas of narcolepsy and other sleep disorders, including causes, diagnosis and treatment options. Our commitment to expand knowledge for all narcolepsy patients drives current research, as well as our clinical trials of new medications.
- Care at Mayo Clinic revolves around you. A detailed itinerary for appointments, tests and procedures lets us make the most of your time at the clinic. We also run all tests and labs ourselves, which means tests taken in the morning can be reviewed the same afternoon. Our collaborative approach means two or three days often yields the same diagnosis and care insights that could take weeks in less coordinated institutions.
- We take the time to listen closely. We get to know you and your concerns completely, and explain your options in plain language. Long experience has shown us that understanding and considering all your issues as we develop a treatment plan together simply works better.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for respiratory disorders, for neurology and neurosurgery, and for psychiatry by U.S. News & World Report.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Sept. 01, 2015