The right spine care. The first time.
Mayo Clinic spine care experts offer comprehensive services at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. People with a wide range of conditions affecting the spine and limbs find exactly the care they need at Mayo Clinic.
The clinic's spine care experts take an evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to manage spine disorders. Your doctor will talk with you about the full range of treatment options — including medication, physical therapy and interventional pain management. Surgery is recommended only when it makes sense for you.
Your doctors will talk with you about the tests and procedures right for you. Not all services are available at each location. Please confirm when you request an appointment.
The doctors of the spine specialty group treat conditions from the common to complex, including:
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States, with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Find doctors and medical staff:
Nearly 40,000 people with spine conditions turn to Mayo Clinic each year. They benefit from the clinic's:
- Individualized care. If you come to the clinic for spine care, you'll receive a diagnosis and be treated by a multidisciplinary team of doctors and health care professionals who provide individualized care.
- Comprehensive care. Having all this expertise in a single place, focused on you, means that you're not just getting one opinion. Your care is discussed among team members, your test results are available quickly, and appointments are scheduled in coordination. The most highly specialized experts in the world are working with you. What might take weeks or even months to accomplish elsewhere can typically be done in a matter of days at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked highly performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Your treatment team
With the spine experts at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota, you receive team-based comprehensive care for the diagnosis and treatment of your condition. Your multidisciplinary team may include doctors from several medical and surgical specialties, including neurology, radiology, neuroradiology, anesthesiology, orthopedic surgery, pain medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurosurgery, psychology, and nutrition. They work together to develop a treatment plan based on your needs and wishes and an unbiased review of all available treatment options, follow-up care and rehabilitation.
In addition, the Mayo Clinic integrated spine care model leverages the expertise of specialists from medical, surgical, interventional, integrative medicine and cognitive behavioral medicine backgrounds. Together they provide you with coordinated and efficient clinical assessment leading to evidence-based treatment recommendations focused on restoring your function and quality of life.
Innovative diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic spine care experts offer comprehensive evaluation for people with every type of spine condition, from the common to the complex or rare. Your first visit may be with a nonsurgical medical spine specialist —someone with expertise in physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, or pain medicine. He or she performs the initial clinical evaluation and coordinates diagnostic testing as needed.
Mayo Clinic's advanced diagnostic capabilities include:
- Innovative radiological techniques, including advanced neuroimaging (MRI or CT myelography), electrophysiology and intraoperative monitoring
- 3-D imaging to help pinpoint a spinal disorder
- Specialized nerve conduction and muscle tests
- Assessment of bone health
Mayo Clinic leads the way in new treatments for minimally invasive surgical techniques and advanced imaging.
- All 3-D imaging of the spine (MRI, CT myelography) performed at Mayo Clinic is interpreted by board-certified neuroradiologists.
- The electrodiagnostic labs at Mayo Clinic are some of the busiest and most referenced in the world.
- When people do proceed to surgery, Mayo Clinic surgical teams often perform a nonfusion surgery that's smaller and less invasive than procedures at other medical centers.
With state-of-the-art research and laboratory facilities, Mayo Clinic experts are constantly seeking new medical knowledge. A variety of clinical trials and other studies may be available to you as part of your treatment at Mayo Clinic.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.