Nuclear medicine therapies, some still in clinical trials, are used to treat these conditions:
Aug. 25, 2020
- Johnson GB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. March 9, 2020.
- Kendi AT (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. May 29, 2019.
- Office of Patient Education. Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) for somatostatin-positive tumors. Mayo Clinic; 2018.
- Strosberg J, et al. Phase 3 trial of 177Lu-Dotatate for midgut neuroendocrine tumors. New England Journal of Medicine 2017; doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1607427.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (news release). FDA approves new treatment for certain digestive tract cancers. Jan. 26, 2018. https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm594043.htm. Accessed May 24, 2018.
- National Cancer Institute (news release). FDA approves new treatment for certain neuroendocrine tumors. Feb. 8, 2018. https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2018/lutathera-fda-gastrointestinal-nets. Accessed May 24, 2018.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. April 29, 2019.
- Kendi AT, et al. Therapy with 177Lu-DOTATE: Clinical implementation and impact on care of patients with neuroendocrine tumors. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2019; doi:10.2214/AJR.19.21123.
- Halfdanarson, TR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. March 11, 2020.