Mayo Clinic Hospice offers bereavement support from the time of hospice admission up to 13 months after your loved one's death. Bereavement services include:
- Identifying those in need of bereavement support.
- Assessing strengths, bereavement risk, and concerns and needs related to grief and loss.
- Providing basic grief information and support through:
- Written materials, such as cards, letters, mailings, emails and other resources.
- Individual contacts, such as monthly phone calls and in-person visits.
- Support groups.
- Commemorative activities, including Time of Remembrance.
Adult grief support groups
If a significant person in your life has died within the past three years, consider being a part of a six-week grief group. These groups provide a safe environment to connect with others who are grieving, to be understood, and to share needs, concerns and feelings.
Groups are facilitated by trained volunteer bereavement facilitators. There is no charge, but registration is required by calling 507-284-4002 or 800-679-9084 (toll-free) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2023 grief support groups run from the week of July 17 to the week of August 21.
Grief Connections for children and teens
In the fall of 2023 Mayo Clinic Hospice is launching a new program, Grief Connections. This two-part program is for children ages 5 to 17 and will include:
- Grief events for children and youth. Information coming soon.
- Grief toolboxes for local middle schools. Pilot launches fall 2023.
If you have a child needing grief support or are interested in the toolboxes, please contact the bereavement team at 507-284-4002 or 800-679-9084 (toll-free) or by emailing email@example.com.
Mayo Clinic Hospice is here for your loved one and for everyone who serves as a caregiver. Call and let us know how we can help.
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Serving Dodge, Fillmore, Olmsted and Wabasha counties, as well as parts of Goodhue, Mower and Winona counties on a case-by-case basis.
Registered nurse available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Call 507-284-4002 or 800-679-9084 (toll-free), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Dec. 08, 2023