Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience caring for people with breast cancer. Our specialists offer team-based care and expertise in the full range of treatment options, including fast-track treatment.
Nationally recognized expertise
Outside organizations recognize Mayo Clinic breast cancer specialists through accreditations, grants and rankings:
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida is accredited by the American College of Surgeons' National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Mayo Clinic is one of a select group of medical centers in the United States to be recognized as a Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) for breast cancer research, funded by the National Cancer Institute. Such highly competitive grants are earned by institutions that show excellence in research projects with the potential to improve patient care.
April 22, 2022
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. American College of Surgeons. https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/napbc. Accessed Feb. 7, 2019.
- Breast SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. https://trp.cancer.gov/spores/breast.htm. Accessed Feb. 7, 2019.
- Find an NCI-designated cancer center. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/research/nci-role/cancer-centers/find. Accessed Feb. 7, 2019.