Video: 7 healthy fats to add to your diet
Forget fat-free. More and more we're learning that cutting out fat altogether isn't the way to protect your health after all.
Eating the right fats in moderation is the key. But how do you know which ones are best?
Watch and learn which foods offer you the right balance of fats and surprising ways you can add them into your eating plan.
- Fats 101. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Fats-101_UCM_304494_Article.jsp#.WBtIHdyj-rr. Accessed Sept. 13, 2016.
- Fats and oils: AHA recommendation. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/FatsAndOils/Fats101/Fats-and-Oils-AHA-Recommendation_UCM_316375_Article.jsp#.VoQLJHlIgdU. Accessed Sept. 13, 2016.
- All about oils. Eat right: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. http://www.eatright.org/resource/food/planning-and-prep/cooking-tips-and-trends/all-about-oils. Accessed Sept. 13, 2016.
- Appendix G2: Original food guide pyramid patterns and description of USDA analyses. Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/report/html/table_g2_adda2.htm. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Dietary and policy priorities for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity: A comprehensive review. Circulation. 2016;133:187.