Gregory S. Peterson, M.D. is a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist, with a special interest in the spine. His clinical focus includes:
- Evaluation of patients with a broad range of spinal conditions, ranging for simple to complex.
- Promoting each patient's understanding of their spine problem and empowering patients to become partners in managing their care.
- Discerning each patient's unique expectations of living with spine disease and collaborating with patients to resolve issues and achieve balance
- Assisting patients in considering the strengths and weakness of different treatment approaches to their particular spine problem.
- Development of teamwork and processes to better serve Mayo Clinic's patients.
From 1987 to 1996, Dr. Peterson worked at Mayo Clinic. During that time, he held the leadership positions of Medical Director of Outpatient Rehabilitation Services and Medical Director of Mayo Clinic Spine Center. In 2017,after 21 years of clinical and administrative practice in his hometown of Bismarck, ND, he returned to Mayo Clinic to continue his passion of providing care to patients with spine problems.