Charles J. Bruce, M.D. is a clinical cardiologist, researcher and inventor. His specific clinical and research interests and areas of expertise include valvular heart disease, Marfan syndrome and all aspects of echocardiography. He has a passion for innovation; and together with a team of collaborators, develops new technologies to improve the delivery of heathcare. Some of these technologies include novel catheter-based therapies for cardiac ablation and pacing as well as left atrial appendage ligation. He also leads a remote care platform using a novel body-worn adhesive strip sensor.
Long term research aim:
- Develop novel health care delivery tools
Mid-term research aims:
- Develop and refine a Remote Care platform.
- Develop novel sensors for remote care of cardiac arrhythmias, heart failure and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Develop non-invasive determination of electrolytes
- Develop novel cardiac pacing and defibrillation technologies.
- Develop a novel tool for percutaneous left atrial appendage ligation.