Bladder cancer is often diagnosed early — when it's most treatable. But even with successful treatment, bladder cancer survivors need follow-up tests for years to come.
Cervical cancer is a common and often preventable reproductive cancer. Find out what cervical cancer is and how it's treated.
Cystitis is an inflammation of the urinary bladder. It's most often caused by a bacterial infection but may have other causes.
An ectopic pregnancy can't continue normally — but prompt treatment can help prevent life-threatening blood loss.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Gonorrhea is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection. Without treatment, serious complications can occur.
Frequent urination and pelvic pain may indicate interstitial cystitis, a chronic bladder inflammation. There's no cure, but some treatments offer relief.
Molar pregnancy — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this tumor in the uterus.
Prostate cancer is a common cancer affecting men. But with early detection, you improve your chances of successful treatment.
Rickets is a severe and prolonged vitamin D deficiency that leads to softening and weakening of the bones in children.
Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome, a rare condition, may be caused by chronic constipation. Dietary changes may help mild cases.
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous tumors of the uterus. Medical therapy and surgical procedures can shrink or remove uterine fibroids.
Vaginal cancer is a rare cancer that typically occurs in older women.
May. 18, 2013
- Frequently asked questions. Gynecologic problems FAQ099. Chronic pelvic pain. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq099.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20130424T0842088403. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Rakel RE. Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191205553-4/0/1481/0.html#. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about. do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Roett MA, et al. Ovarian cancer: An overview. American Family Physician. 2009;80:609.
- Marx JA, et al. Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05472-0..X0001-1--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05472-0&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1565/0.html. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/interstitialcystitis/index.htm. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Howard F. Evaluation of acute pelvic pain in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Brown K, et al. Evaluation of acute pelvic pain in the adolescent female. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Howard F. Causes of chronic pelvic pain in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Andrews J, et al. Noncyclic Chronic Pelvic Pain Therapies for Women: Comparative Effectiveness Reviews No. 41. Rockville, Md. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2012. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK84586. Accessed April 7, 2013.
- Yunker A, et al. Systematic review of therapies for noncyclic chronic pelvic pain in women. Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey. 2012;67:417.
- Stacy J, et al. Persistent pelvic pain: Rising to the challenge. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2012;52:502.
- DeLee JC, et al. DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-3143-7..X0001-2--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-3143-7&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed April 10, 2013.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=$eid&isbn=978-1-4557-0295-4&uniqId=398813857-1936. Accessed April 10, 2013.