Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-2 out of 2 doctors available
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Heart transplant, Heart valve repair, Heart valve replacement, Heart valve surgery, Lung transplant, Mechanical circulatory support device implantation, Transcatheter aortic valve replacement, Transplant
see full list in profile
- Interventional Cardiologist
- Jacksonville, FL
Areas of focus:
Heart valve repair, Hemodynamic monitoring, Left atrial appendage closure, Mitral valve repair and replacement, Patent foramen ovale closure, Percutaneous valve procedures, Transcatheter aortic valve replacement, Aortic valve regurgitation, Aortic valve stenosis, Fistula, Heart valve disease, Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, Ischemic heart disease, Mitral valve regurgitation, Mitral valve stenosis, Patent foramen ovale, Tricuspid valve regurgitation, Ventricular septal defect
see full list in profile
Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers continue to study transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) as part of cardiovascular research efforts. Researchers are focused on reducing complications through improved technology and a better understanding of which people are most appropriate for this procedure. Learn more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on transcatheter aortic valve replacement on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) care at Mayo Clinic
March 21, 2018
- Brecker SJD, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Indications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- What is heart valve disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hvd. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- What is TAVR? American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/HeartValveProblemsandDisease/What-is-TAVR_UCM_450827_Article.jsp#.VrUe2dj2aDY. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Aortic valve stenosis (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Nishimura RA, et al. 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2014;148:e1.
- Gaasch WH. Indications for valve replacement in aortic stenosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- Mack MJ, et al. Patient selection for transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2013;62:S1.
- Gaasch WH, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Outcomes and complications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- Holmes DR, et al. Clinical outcomes at 1 year following transcatheter aortic valve replacement. JAMA. 2015;313:1019.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Getting ready for heart surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2011.
- Agarwal S, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Current perspectives and future implications. Heart. 2015;101:169.
- Mack MJ, et al. 5-year outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement or surgical aortic valve replacement for high surgical risk patients with aortic stenosis (PARTNER 1): A randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2015;385:2477.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 3, 2016.
- Brecker SJD, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Periprocedural management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 7, 2016.
- Reardon MJ, et al. Outcomes in the randomized CoreValve US pivotal high-risk trial in patients with a Society of Thoracic Surgeons risk score of 7% or less. JAMA Cardiology. In press. Accessed Aug. 23, 2016.
- Leon MB, et al. Transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2016;374;1609.
- Bisesar BR. The NCDR STS/ACC TVT Registry. Mayo Clinic. Oct. 19, 2016.
- Greason KL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 24, 2016.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)