Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic researchers conduct many clinical studies involving complementary and integrative medicine. Research is key to developing and evaluating evidence-based treatments. Read more about Mayo's Integrative Medicine and Health Research Program and see a list of research studies.
See a list of publications about stress management by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Stress management care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 06, 2019
- Five tips to help manage stress. American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/manage-stress. Accessed April 30, 2019.
- 5 things you should know about stress. National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/stress/index.shtml. Accessed May 2, 2019.
- AskMayoExpert. Stress management and resiliency (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2019.
- How stress affects your life. American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stress. Accessed May 2, 2019.
- Hofmann SG, et al. Mindfulness-based interventions for anxiety and depression. The Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2017;40:739.
- Relaxation techniques for health. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/stress/relaxation.htm. Accessed April 30, 2019.
- Rakel D, ed. Relaxation techniques. In: Integrative Medicine. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2018. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 30, 2019.
- Bystritsky A. Complementary and alternative treatments for anxiety symptoms and disorders: Physical, cognitive, and spiritual interventions. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed May 2, 2019.
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2019. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 2, 2019.
- Seaward BL. Massage therapy and bodywork. In: Essentials of Managing Stress. 4th ed. Burlington, Mass.: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Resilience training. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2019.
News from Mayo Clinic
Products & Services