Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic researchers conduct numerous clinical studies involving complementary and integrative medicine. Research is key to developing and evaluating evidence-based treatments. Read more about Mayo's Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program and see a list of research projects.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on stress management on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Stress management care at Mayo Clinic
Oct. 26, 2016
- AskMayoExpert. Stress management and resiliency (adult). Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Bystritsky A, et al. Stress and anxiety: Counterpoints of the stress/anxiety complex. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2014;37:489.
- Five tips to help manage stress. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/manage-stress.aspx. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Bystritsky A. Complementary and alternative treatments for anxiety symptoms and disorders: Physical, cognitive, and spiritual interventions. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Resilience training. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Complementary and alternative medicine. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Klainin-Yobas P, et al. Efficacy of psychosocial interventions on psychological outcomes among people with cardiovascular diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Patient Education and Counseling. 2016;99:512.
- Mussallem DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 3, 2016.
- Millstine DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 9, 2016.
- Sood A, et al. Stress management and resilience training among department of medicine faculty: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2011;26:858.
- Loprinzi CE, et al. Stress management and resilience training (SMART) program to decrease stress and enhance resilience among breast cancer survivors: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Clinical Breast Cancer. 2011;11:364.