Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
- Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are studying ways to improve Mohs surgery techniques.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications about Mohs surgery by Mayo Clinic authors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Mohs surgery care at Mayo Clinic
Sept. 06, 2017
- Robinson JK, et al., eds. Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology. In: Surgery of the Skin: Procedural Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 28, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Mohs micrographic surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Nehal K, et al. Mohs surgery. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed July 28, 2017.
- Mohs micrographic surgery in the treatment of skin cancer. American Society for Mohs Surgery. http://www.mohssurgery.org/patient-resources/patient-brochure/. Accessed July 28, 2017.
- Squamous cell skin cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed July 28, 2017.
- Basal cell skin cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed July 28, 2017.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 17, 2017.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 21, 2017.