Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Researchers in Mayo Clinic's Integrative Medicine and Health Research Program are committed to developing evidence-based treatments that can be combined with conventional medicine. Among other things, they have studied use of massage therapy to relieve pain and anxiety after some types of surgery.
See a list of publications about massage therapy by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Massage therapy care at Mayo Clinic
Nov. 07, 2018
- Massage therapy for health purposes: What you need to know. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/massage/massageintroduction.htm. Accessed Nov. 4, 2015.
- Types of massage. The American Massage Therapy Association. https://www.amtamassage.org/findamassage/massage_type.html. Accessed Nov. 4, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Massage therapy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Rodgers NJ, et al. A decade of building massage therapy services at an academic medical center as part of a healing enhancement program. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 2015;21:52.
- Dion LJ, et al. Development of a hospital-based massage therapy course at an academic medical center. International Journal of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. 2015;8:25.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2018.