Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Jacksonville, Florida
Areas of focus:
Cataract surgery, Cornea transplant, Laser eye surgery, LASIK eye surgery, Photorefractive keratectomy, Cataracts, Cornea problems, Fuchs' dystrophy, Keratoconus
see full list in profile
Mayo Clinic vision researchers study new techniques and outcomes for laser eye surgery. Mayo Clinic vision researchers are conducting long-term research on people who had LASIK or another type of laser refractive surgery about 15 years ago to determine its long-term effects on the eye and vision. Laser vision surgery has been performed successfully over the last few decades, but knowledge on its long-term consequences is still incomplete.
Read more about about vision research at Mayo Clinic.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on laser eye surgery on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
LASIK eye surgery care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 30, 2017
- Bower KS. Laser refractive surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 17, 2016.
- LASIK — Laser eye surgery. American Academy of Ophthalmology. https://www.aao.org/eye-health/treatments/lasik. Accessed Jan. 10, 2017.
- Bastawrous A. Laser refractive eye surgery. British Medical Journal. 2011;342:d2345.
- Yanoff M, ed., et al., eds. LASIK. In: Ophthalmology. 4th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 10, 2017.
- When is LASIK not for me? U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/surgeryandlifesupport/lasik/ucm061366.htm. Accessed Jan. 10, 2017.
- What should I expect before, during, and after surgery? U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/surgeryandlifesupport/lasik/ucm061270.htm. Accessed Jan. 10, 2017.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 10, 2017.
- Kruisselbrink SJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 26, 2016.
- Patel SV (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 3, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Refractive laser surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.