Expertise and rankings
- Experience. Mayo Clinic cosmetic surgery specialists perform more than 50 laser hair removal treatments each year.
- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic, laser hair removal is performed only by board-certified doctors or physician assistants trained in cosmetic surgery.
- Advanced technology. Mayo Clinic uses the safest and most advanced hair removal systems available.
- Time for you. Your Mayo Clinic specialist takes time to discuss options and answer your questions about laser hair removal.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
May 16, 2018
- Laser hair removal information. American Society for Dermatological Surgery. https://www.asds.net/LaserHairRemovalInformation.aspx. Accessed April 10, 2018.
- Shenenberger DW. Removal of unwanted hair. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 9, 2018.
- Robinson JK, et al., eds. Laser hair removal. In: Surgery of the Skin. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. https:/www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 9, 2018.
- Gan SD, et al. Laser hair removal: A review. Dermatologic Surgery. 2013;39:823.
- Laser hair removal: Preparation. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/cosmetic-treatments/laser-hair-removal#preparation. Accessed April 9, 2018.
- Hession MT, et al. A review of hand-held, home-use cosmetic laser and light devices. Dermatologic Surgert. 2015;41:307.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 29, 2018.