Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Hip replacement, Knee replacement, Foot injury, Traumatic injury
Mayo Clinic researchers have studied ways to reduce blood loss, control pain and speed recovery for people who undergo hip replacement surgery. They also are looking into methods to reduce the risk of infections in artificial joints.
See a list of publications about hip replacement surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Hip replacement care at Mayo Clinic
Feb. 22, 2020
- Hip replacement. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. https://www.niams.nih.gov/health-topics/hip-replacement-surgery. Accessed Dec. 24, 2019.
- Erens GA, et al. Total hip arthroplasty. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Dec. 24, 2019.
- Total hip replacement. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/treatment/total-hip-replacement/. Accessed Dec. 24, 2019.
- AskMayoExpert. Hip replacement. Mayo Clinic; 2018.
- Erens GA, et al. Complications of total hip arthroplasty. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Dec. 24, 2019.
- Evans JT, et al. How long does a hip replacement last? A systematic review and meta-analysis of case series and national registry reports with more than 15 years of follow-up. The Lancet. 2019; doi:10.1016S0140-6736(18)31665-9.
- Deep vein thrombosis. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/deep-vein-thrombosis. Accessed Dec. 28, 2019.
- Guay J, et al. Nerve blocks or no nerve blocks for pain control after elective hip replacement (arthroplasty) surgery in adults (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2017; doi:10.1002/14651858.CD011608.pub2.
- Office of Patient Education Center. Total hip replacement surgery. Mayo Clinic; 2018.
- Morrow, ES. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Jan. 9, 2020.
Products & Services