Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
March 08, 2019
- AskMayoExpert. Prenatal screening and testing. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018.
- Gabbe SG, et al., eds. Genetic screening and prenatal genetic diagnosis. In: Obstetrics: Normal and Problem Pregnancies. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 23, 2018.
- Ghidini A. Chorionic villus sampling. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 23, 2018.
- Cunningham FG, et al., eds. Prenatal diagnosis. In: Williams Obstetrics. 25th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2018. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed Aug. 26, 2018.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ164. Prenatal genetic diagnostic tests. American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Prenatal-Genetic-Diagnostic-Tests. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Creasy RK, et al., eds. Prenatal diagnosis of congenital disorders. Creasy and Resnick's Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Principles and Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 23, 2018.
- Akolekar R, et al. Procedure-related risk of miscarriage following amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2015;45:16.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 162: Prenatal diagnostic testing for genetic disorders. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2016;127:e108.
Products & Services
Chorionic villus sampling