Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Carotid angioplasty and stenting
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
Carotid revascularization for primary prevention of stroke (CREST-2) is two independent multicenter, randomized controlled trials of carotid revascularization and intensive medical management versus medical management alone in patients with asymptomatic high-grade carotid stenosis. One trial will randomize patients in a 1:1 ratio to endarterectomy versus no endarterectomy and another will randomize patients in a 1:1 ratio to carotid stenting with embolic protection versus no stenting. Medical management will be uniform for all randomized treatment groups and will be centrally directed.
Nov. 09, 2017
- Cameron JL, et al. Balloon angioplasty and stents in carotid artery occlusive disease. In: Current Surgical Therapy. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2017.
- Carotid artery disease. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/catd/catd_all.html. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Chaikof EL, et al. General principles of endovascular therapy: Angioplasty, stenting, recanalization, and embolization. In: Atlas of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014.
- Mohler ER, et al. Management of symptomatic carotid atherosclerotic disease. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Angioplasty and vascular stenting. Radiological Society of North America. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=angioplasty. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Fairman RM, et al. Carotid artery stenting and its complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 13, 2017.
- Cloft H (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 26, 2017.
- Jauch EC, et al. Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: A guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2013;44:870.
News, connections and conversations for your health
Carotid angioplasty and stenting