Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
July 31, 2019
- Esserman LJ, et al. Breast biopsy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 3, 2016.
- For women facing a breast biopsy. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/treatment/understandingyourdiagnosis/examsandtestdescriptions/forwomenfacingabreastbiopsy/. Accessed June 3, 2016.
- Having a breast biopsy: A review of the research for women and their families. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. https://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/ehc/index.cfm/search-for-guides-reviews-and-reports/?pageAction=displayProduct&productID=2234. Accessed June 3, 2016.
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastbius. Accessed June 3, 2016.
- Magnetic resonance (MRI)-guided breast biopsy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastbimr. Accessed June 3, 2016.
- Pfenninger JL, et al., eds. Breast biopsy. In: Pfenninger & Fowler’s Procedures for Primary Care. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 3, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Percutaneous biopsy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Lonzetta N, et al. Diagnosis and management of benign, atypical, and indeterminate breast lesions detected on core needle biopsy. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:536.
News from Mayo Clinic