If a blood test reveals you have elevated liver enzymes, ask your doctor about what your test results might mean. Your doctor may suggest you undergo other tests and procedures to determine what's causing your elevated liver enzymes.
Jan. 11, 2018
- Sulava E, et al. Elevated liver enzymes: Emergency department-focused management. Clinical Review. In press. Accessed Jan. 31, 2017.
- Friedman LS. Approach to the patient with abnormal liver and biochemical function tests. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 31, 2017.
- Miller's Anesthesia. Philadelphia, Pa.; Elsevier. Accessed Jan. 31, 2017.
- Tapper EB, et al. Extensive testing or focused testing of patients with elevated liver enzymes. Journal of Hepatology. 2017;66:313.
- Lee TH, et al. Evaluation of elevated liver enzymes. Clinics in Liver Disease. 2012;16:183.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 21, 2015.