In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayo Clinic has temporarily closed all patient libraries.
Francis Building, seventh floor
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
The Patient Library provides many resources for you and your family.
Several resources are available to check out to patients' rooms, including:
- Books, magazines and audiobooks
- DVDs and VHS tapes
- TVs with VCR/DVD players
- Music, personal radio/CD/tape players
- Laptop computers for patients
- Board games
Other resources are available for use within the library, including computers with Internet access, a copier and a fax machine.
The library staff will assist you in finding health information in print or electronic format. The library service is available to patients at no charge. Volunteers bring a library cart stocked with books and magazines available for checkout to each hospital floor every week.
- Seven computers with Internet access are available for patients and family members in the library.
- There is a 45-minute time limit if people are waiting.
- Printing is 10 cents a copy.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available for personal computers in some areas of the hospital.
- May 20, 2020