Note: This content was created prior to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and does not demonstrate proper pandemic protocols. Please follow all recommended Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for masking and social distancing.
The Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center has re-opened.
- Virtual (Zoom) patient education classes will continue to be our primary mode of delivery for the classes we offer
- In person classes are limited to 3 total people in a classroom at a time (instructor, patient, patient support person)
- Exceptions may be granted on a case by case basis
- We can't yet accommodate in-person group classes
- Computers are not available for visitor use
Classes are 45 minutes, free and available to Mayo Clinic patients. To participate in a video education visit, you'll need to set up a Patient Online Services account. To register for a class, call 507-284-8140.
- Center for Tobacco-Free Living. The Center for Tobacco-Free Living in the Gonda Building, 18th Floor, offers you an opportunity to talk with a specialist and explore displays on topics related to tobacco use.
- Musculoskeletal Center. Located in the Gonda Building, 14th and 15th floors, the center provides patient education through animated screens, joint models, a surgical equipment display, animated joint function on touch-screen monitors, and printed resources about joint disease, treatment and self-care. The center provides preoperative surgical classes in a multimedia classroom.
- Ear, Nose and Throat Center. Located in the Gonda Building, 12th floor, the center provides patient education through interactive touch screens that focus on ear, head and neck, nose, and facial plastic surgery options. Touch screens highlight basic anatomy, information on common problems and treatments, and plastic surgery and nonsurgical treatments.
- Sept. 28, 2022