Helpful hints for insurance claims appeals
- You can submit at least three levels of appeals with your insurance company. Contact the company for more information regarding its specific appeal procedures.
- Contact your insurance company and ask for a copy of your health insurance policy.
- You have the right to contact your state's insurance commissioner to assist in the appeal process. Commissioner contact information: www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm
- In most states, appeals at your request can be reviewed by an external party, such as an independent medical review panel sponsored by the state.
- You can also contact the attorney general of your state.
- Links to sites that can assist you with appeals:
- May 20, 2016