Denial reason group 5
Your insurance company has denied your claim for the following reasons:
- Patient cannot be identified as our insured
- Our records indicate that this dependent is not an eligible dependent
- This care may be covered by another payer per coordination of benefits
- Benefits maximum for this time period has been reached
Steps you should follow to appeal insurance denials:
- Log on to your account at Mayo Clinic patient online services.
- Verify the correct insurance company information is listed for the denied services via your online patient account.
- If correct information is not listed, update and add the correct insurance information.
- Send a message to Patient Account Services to submit the charges to the correct insurance.
- If information is correct, contact your insurance company to discuss the reason for denied charges.
- If the charge(s) have been denied due to maximum benefits being reached, contact your insurance company to discuss, and appeal if necessary.
- May 21, 2016