Denial reason group 1
Your insurance company has denied your claim for the following reasons:
- Not medically necessary
- Multiple physician assistants
- Service deemed experimental/investigational or not proven to be effective
- Noncovered services or diagnosis code
Steps you should follow to appeal insurance denials:
- Log on to your account at Mayo Clinic patient online Services.
- Select the Medical Record and Results menu.
- Print the required medical records pertaining to the denied charge.
- Print the supporting doctor's notes prior to and after the procedure, indicating why the denied service was ordered and what the results were.
- Make copies of all documentation for your records.
- Complete and print the appeal form (PDF) and send via certified mail to your insurance company with the above supporting documentation and a copy of your explanation of benefits (EOB) listing the denied charge.
- If denied as not medically necessary and your appeal resulted in a second denial, contact Patient account service for clarification.
- April 23, 2020