July 24, 2018
Mayo Clinic cancer physicians are committed to collaborating with referring physicians. Telephone consultations are available in most medical and surgical specialties at Mayo Clinic 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call the Referring Provider Office to arrange.
To refer a patient:
- Phone: 866-629-6362 (toll-free)
- Fax: 480-301-4071
- From outside the U.S.: 480-301-6539 (phone) or 480-301-4071 (fax)
- Phone: 800-634-1417 (toll-free)
- Fax: 904-953-0575
- From outside the U.S.: 904-953-7000 (phone) or 904-953-7329 (fax)
- Phone: 800-533-1564 (toll-free)
- Fax: 800-321-1368
- From outside the U.S.: 507-538-1515 (phone) or 507-538-7802 (fax)
We have a secure online referral service to help you refer patients to Mayo Clinic and view their clinical results, including:
- Clinical notes
- Radiology and pathology reports
- Test results
- Surgical summaries
- Discharge notes
Appointments at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic has agreements with many insurance carriers, third-party administrators and employers. Patients should check with their insurance plan for specific coverage details before confirming an appointment with our scheduling office. Please visit insurance at Mayo Clinic for more information.
Scheduling patient appointments
To schedule an appointment, Mayo Clinic needs this information about your patient:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Mayo Clinic registration number, if a previous patient
- Type of insurance (such as HMO, workers' compensation, medical assistance)
- Nature of medical issue
We also need to know:
- Your referring physician National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Services you would like Mayo to provide
Summary report sent to referring physician
Our physicians will forward a summary of diagnostic reports and treatments to you as soon as it becomes available. If you have not been contacted by your patient's Mayo Clinic physician, contact the Referring Provider Office for assistance.
Hospital admissions and transfers
Experienced nursing staff is available 24/7 to coordinate direct admission, emergency department evaluation or inpatient consultation on your patients for any Mayo Clinic hospital.
Mayo Clinic app
Referred patients may use the Mayo Clinic app to access their appointment schedule, view lab results, reports and notes, and message their Mayo Clinic care team through secure, simple messaging.