Sexual health is important for a man's well-being, whether you're trying to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections or you're worried about erectile dysfunction or other problems related to men's sexual health.
For some men, worries about penis size top the list of their sexual health concerns. However, you're probably more normal than you think — and penis-enlargement products and procedures aren't likely to be effective and may have risks.
As you get older, understand common changes in men's sexual health — and how to maintain a healthy and enjoyable sex life at any age.
Get the latest health information from Mayo Clinic’s experts.
Sign up for free, and stay up to date on research advancements, health tips and current health topics, like COVID-19, plus expertise on managing health.
ErrorEmail field is required
ErrorInclude a valid email address
To provide you with the most relevant and helpful information, and understand which
information is beneficial, we may combine your email and website usage information with
other information we have about you. If you are a Mayo Clinic patient, this could
include protected health information. If we combine this information with your protected
health information, we will treat all of that information as protected health
information and will only use or disclose that information as set forth in our notice of
privacy practices. You may opt-out of email communications at any time by clicking on
the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
Thank you for subscribing
Our Housecall e-newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest health information.
Sorry something went wrong with your subscription
Please, try again in a couple of minutes
Oct. 05, 2021
Our caring team of Mayo Clinic experts can help you with your health concerns. Visit Mayo Clinic Men's Health to
Get the process started
- AskMayoExpert. Sexuality in the setting of aging, chronic illness, or disability. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research;2019.
- Start the conversation. American Sexual Health Association. http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/parents/how-to-start-the-conversation/. Accessed Sept. 7, 2019.
- Information for teens and young adults: Staying healthy and preventing STDs. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/stdfact-teens.htm. Accessed Sept. 7, 2019.
- Rietmeijer K. Prevention of sexually transmitted infections. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Sept. 7, 2019.
- Forcier M. Adolescent sexuality. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Sept. 7, 2019.
- Granville L, et al. Women's sexual health and aging. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2018; doi: 10.1111/jgs.15198.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Gynecologic practice. Committee Opinion No. 706: Sexual health. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2017; doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000002154.
- Recognize problems. American Sexual Health Association. http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/sexual-health/mens-health/recognize-problems/. Accessed Sept. 7, 2019.
- Sexuality in later life. National Institute on Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/sexuality-later-life. Accessed Sept. 7, 2019.
- Hehemann MC, et al. Penile girth enlargement strategies: What's the evidence? Sexual Medicine Reviews. 2019; doi.org/10.1016/j.sxmr.2018.11.003.
- Wildman L, et al. Assessment of parent-based interventions for adolescent sexual health: A systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA Pediatrics. 2019; doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.2324.