Diseases of the brain and spinal cord are complex, diverse and indifferent to age. But when a neurologic condition strikes, the only thing that matters is hastening the journey to an effective therapy and ultimate cure. Mayo Clinic experts are united in one goal: Getting patients to that destination as quickly as possible.
Mayo Clinic's vision for neurologic conditions is simple: to develop first-time treatments and enhanced surgical procedures that significantly extend patients' lives and, ultimately, cure and prevent disease.
Because of our clinical expertise, our high volume of patients with neurologic conditions and our collaborative model of team-based science, Mayo Clinic is uniquely qualified to solve the most serious and complex challenges facing patients.
- Mayo Clinic is consistently ranked as the top hospital for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo neurologists diagnose and treat more than 500 neurological conditions, including many rare or complex disorders.
- This clinical expertise is the byproduct of Mayo Clinic's translational model of research, where experts in brain pathology, basic science, genetics, neurophysiology and immunology collaborate across specialties to reveal the fundamental drivers of disease. These discoveries open entirely unexplored areas of research and yield breakthroughs that disrupt conventional understandings of disease.
- As the largest single institutional neurosurgery practice in the world, Mayo neurosurgeons perform complex surgical procedures on approximately 11,000 patients every year.
- Mayo neurosurgeons stay on the leading edge by developing the latest surgical innovations and techniques, such as minimally invasive surgery, intraoperative MRI, computer-assisted brain surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, awake brain surgery and deep brain stimulation.
By helping Mayo Clinic attract and nurture world-class research talent, accelerate the most promising research, and expand critical infrastructure, benefactors fuel answers for patients with neurologic conditions. Give today.