Drug information provided by: Merative, Micromedex®

It is very important that your doctor check your progress closely while you are receiving this medicine. This will allow your doctor to see if the medicine is working properly and to decide if you should continue to receive it.

This medicine may cause photosensitivity (increased sensitivity to sunlight). Avoid exposure to sunlight or room lights for 48 hours after surgery.

If you are using medicine that can cause photosensitivity (eg, griseofulvin, St. John’s wort, diuretic, phenothiazine, quinolone, sulfa drug, sulfonylurea, tetracycline, or topical preparations containing aminolevulinic acid), do not take it 24 hours before and after receiving aminolevulinic acid.

This medicine may cause serious allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis. This can be life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Tell your doctor right away if you have a rash, itching, hoarseness, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, or mouth after you receive this medicine.

Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.

Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor. This includes prescription or nonprescription (over-the-counter [OTC]) medicines and herbal or vitamin supplements.