Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Drawing on years of research and experience in replacement surgeries, Mayo has contributed to the advancement of replacement joints for TMJ disorders.
See a list of publications on TMJ disorders by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
TMJ disorders care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 16, 2017
- TMJ disorders. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/topics/tmj/tmjdisorders.htm. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- Firestein GS, et al. Temporomandibular joint pain. In: Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- Scrivani SJ, et al. Temporomandibular disorders in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- Flint PW, et al. Temporomandibular joint disorders. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Temporomandibular disorder. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Ferri FF. Temporomandibular joint syndrome. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 12, 2016.
- Ritenbaugh C, et al. Comparative effectiveness of traditional Chinese medicine and psychosocial care in the treatment of temporomandibular disorders-associated chronic facial pain. Journal of Pain. 2012;13:1075.
- Relaxation techniques for health: An introduction. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/stress/relaxation.htm. Accessed May 12, 2016.
- Fillmore, J (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 1, 2016.