IgA nephropathy care at Mayo Clinic
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. Specialists from nephrology, hypertension and pathology work as a team in the diagnosis and treatment of people with IgA nephropathy. They also work with your local doctor to coordinate follow-up care.
- Latest techniques. Mayo Clinic is one of the few centers to specialize in iothalamate clearance testing, which uses a special contrast agent to track how well your kidneys are filtering wastes. Mayo Clinic's dedicated Renal Biopsy Laboratory uses the latest techniques to diagnose and treat IgA nephropathy.
- Cutting-edge research. Mayo Clinic is active in research to better understand IgA nephropathy and to test new therapies for this condition through the Nephrology Collaborative Group. You may have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials of experimental treatments.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Expertise and rankings
- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic treats close to 700 people who have IgA nephropathy. Because of the large number of people seen, Mayo Clinic kidney specialists (nephrologists) and radiologists are expert at performing kidney biopsies and have an outstanding safety record with low levels of complications.
- Specialized medicine. The large number of nephrologists at Mayo Clinic allows some doctors to subspecialize in specific aspects of kidney medicine, including glomerular conditions such as IgA nephropathy. These specialists have the skills and experience to quickly and accurately identify the cause of your problem.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for kidney disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., ranks among the Best Hospitals for kidney disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for kidney disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Aug. 04, 2017