Cushing syndrome care at Mayo Clinic
Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors treat nearly 500 people who have Cushing syndrome.
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. Cushing syndrome can affect many different systems in your body at once, requiring doctors with knowledge from many disciplines. Mayo Clinic doctors who treat hormone disorders (endocrinologists) work with neurosurgeons, endocrine surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists and other specialists to provide you with the best care possible tailored to your needs.
- Advanced diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clinic researchers have made many contributions to the diagnosis and treatment of Cushing syndrome, including new MRI techniques to localize small pituitary tumors, petrosal sinus sampling, endoscopic transnasal pituitary surgery, laparoscopic adrenalectomy and Gamma Knife therapy.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic's Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition focuses on pituitary and adrenal disorders and maintains a large database of people with Cushing syndrome with the hope of providing useful information for specialists to better evaluate and treat Cushing syndrome.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Expertise and rankings
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, experts in endocrinology, neurosurgery, radiology and pathology work together as a multidisciplinary team to care for people with Cushing syndrome. Other experts are included as needed.
- State-of-the-art care. The latest treatments — some developed at Mayo Clinic — are available to people receiving treatment for Cushing syndrome at Mayo Clinic. This might include new MRI techniques to localize small pituitary tumors, endoscopic transnasal pituitary surgery, Gamma Knife therapy or laparoscopic adrenalectomy, a minimally invasive surgery to take out the adrenal glands.
- Experience. Diagnosing Cushing syndrome can be difficult, but doctors at Mayo Clinic diagnose and treat hundreds of people with the disorder every year.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for diabetes and endocrinology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked highly performing for diabetes and endocrinology by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.