Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
June 17, 2017
- Congenital heart defects (CHD). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/facts.html. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Congenital heart defects. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/chd. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Bonow RO, et al. Diseases of the heart, pericardium, and pulmonary vasculature bed. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Overview of congenital cardiovascular anomalies. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/congenital-cardiovascular-anomalies/overview-of-congenital-cardiovascular-anomalies. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- About congenital heart defects. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/CongenitalHeartDefects/AboutCongenitalHeartDefects/About-Congenital-Heart-Defects_UCM_001217_Article.jsp#.WKIlDVUrJ0w. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Facts about hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/HLHS.html. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Congenital heart disease. National Health Service. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Congenital-heart-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx. Accessed Feb. 8, 2017.
- Gil-Jaurena JM, et al. 15 years of minimally invasive paediatric cardiac surgery; development and trends. Anales de Pediatria. 2016;84:304.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 7, 2017.
- Taggart NW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 14, 2017.
- Atorvastatin. Micromedex 2.0 Healthcare Series. http://www.micromedexsolutions.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2017.
News, connections and conversations for your health
Congenital heart defects in children