Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain conditions (neurologists) and other researchers actively study clinical and laboratory research related to brain arteriovenous malformations and other brain conditions. Researchers have published an extensive amount of publications related to brain arteriovenous malformations. Learn more about research in neurology and neurosurgery.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Brain AVM (arteriovenous malformation) care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 11, 2017
- Arteriovenous malformations and other vascular lesions of the central nervous system fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/avms/detail_avms.htm. Accessed Jan. 6, 2015.
- What is an arteriovenous malformation? American Stroke Association. http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG/AboutStroke/TypesofStroke/HemorrhagicBleeds/What-Is-an-Arteriovenous-Malformation-AVM_UCM_310099_Article.jsp. Accessed Jan. 6, 2015.
- Singer RJ. Brain arteriovenous malformations. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 6, 2015.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Jan. 6, 2015.
- Van Beijnum J, et al. Treatment of brain arteriovenous malformations: A systemic review and meta-analysis. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2011;306:2011.
- Meyers P, et al. Indications for the performance of intracranial endovascular neurointerventional procedures. Circulation. 2009;119:2235.
- Bendok B, et al. Advances and innovations in brain arteriovenous malformation surgery. Neurosurgery. 2014;74(suppl):S60.
- Let's talk about emotional changes after stroke. American Stroke Association. http://www.strokeassociation.org/idc/groups/stroke-public/@wcm/@hcm/documents/downloadable/ucm_309718.pdf. Accessed Jan. 9, 2015.
- Bendok BR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. Feb. 5, 2015.
- Rice EM. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic. Rochester, Minn. Jan. 20, 2015.
Brain AVM (arteriovenous malformation)