Wondering how to keep your bones strong and healthy? Follow these tips to take care of your bones.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
How well do you know your menstrual cycle? Follow these tips to track your menstrual cycle and identify problems.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 23, 2017
- Anorexia nervosa. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Hales RE, et al. The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry. 6th ed. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2014. http://www.psychiatryonline.org/resourceToc.aspx?resourceID=5. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Forman SF. Eating disorders: Overview of epidemiology, diagnosis, and course of illness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=331. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Campbell K, et al. Eating disorders in children and adolescents: State of the art review. Pediatrics. In press. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Forman SF. Eating disorders: Overview of treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Anorexia nervosa. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric_disorders/eating_disorders/anorexia_nervosa.html. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Breuner CC. Complementary, holistic, and integrative medicine: Eating disorders. Pediatrics in Review. 2010;31;e75.
- Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What's in a name? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Anorexia nervosa. National Alliance on Mental Illness. http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=7409. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Watson HJ, et al. Update on the treatment of anorexia nervosa: Review of clinical trials, practice guidelines and emerging interventions. Psychological Medicine. 2013;43:2477.
- Hensrud DD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 18, 2014.
- Sim LA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 8, 2014.
- Campbell K, et al. Eating disorders in children and adolescents: State of the art review. Pediatrics. 2014;134:582.
- Couturier J, et al. Efficacy of family-based treatment for adolescents with eating disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2013;46:3.
- Mequinion M, et al. Ghrelin: Central and peripheral implications in anorexia nervosa. Frontiers in Endocrinology. 2013;4:1.