Wondering how to keep your bones strong and healthy? Follow these tips to take care of your bones.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
How well do you know your menstrual cycle? Follow these tips to track your menstrual cycle and identify problems.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Feb. 20, 2018
- Sim LA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 31, 2018.
- Anorexia nervosa. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://dsm.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Hales RE, et al. Anorexia nervosa. In: The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry. 6th ed. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2014. http://psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Klein D, et al. Anorexia nervosa in adults: Clinical features, course of illness, assessment, and diagnosis. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Mehler P. Anorexia nervosa in adults and adolescents: Medical complications and their management. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Mehler P. Anorexia nervosa in adults: Evaluation for medical complications and criteria for hospitalization to manage these complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Pike K. Anorexia nervosa in adults: Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Walsh BT. Anorexia nervosa in adults: Pharmacotherapy. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Anorexia nervosa. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric-disorders/eating-disorders/anorexia-nervosa. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Harrington BC, et al. Initial evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. American Family Physician. 2015;91:46.
- Brockmeyer T, et al. Advances in the treatment of anorexia nervosa: A review of established and emerging interventions. Psychological Medicine. In press. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Davis H, et al. Pharmacotherapy of eating disorders. Current Opinion in Psychiatry. 2017;30:452.
- Herpertz-Dahlmann B. Treatment of eating disorders in child and adolescent psychiatry. Current Opinion in Psychiatry. 2017;30:438.
- Fogarty S, et al. The role of complementary and alternative medicine in the treatment of eating disorders: A systematic review. Eating Behaviors. 2016;21:179.
- Eating disorders. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Eating-Disorders/Overview. Accessed Nov. 13, 2017.
- Lebow J, et al. Is there clinical consensus in defining weight restoration for adolescents with anorexia nervosa? Eating Disorders. In press. Accessed Dec. 4, 2017.
- Lebow J, et al. The effect of atypical antipsychotic medications in individuals with anorexia nervosa: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2013;46:332.
- Five things to know about safety of dietary supplements for children and teens. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/tips/child-supplements. Accessed Feb. 9, 2018.